Should My Siding Be Repaired or Replaced?
It’s hard to know when exactly it’s time for a siding replacement or siding repair. It’s important to have quality siding material installed in your home. After all, your existing siding is crucial to the integrity and safety of your home. So when you ask yourself: “Should my siding be repaired or replaced?”, there are several things you want to keep in mind to know whether or not you’re in need of a new siding installation.
Even Vinyl Siding Doesn’t Last Forever
Currently, vinyl siding is the most popular and common siding material used by homeowners. It’s extremely popular due to its longevity and lack of maintenance required. However, it’s a very popular misconception that this siding will last forever.
Wind, ice, or hail will loosen, peel, and puncture your siding. Therefore it’s important to regularly check your siding, especially after any intense storm, for any damages. Yes, vinyl siding is very durable and much more resistant to harsh weather, but that doesn’t mean it’s immune to storm damage repairs.
Knowing The Red Flags
There are several reasons to keep your siding in top condition. Just a few of those reasons are:
- Your siding protects the structure of your home
- Damaged siding will lead to bug infestations, leaks, and rot
- Damaged siding will reduce the resale value of your home
That’s why it’s so important to stay on top of your home’s siding. When you’re unsure of its condition, you’ll always be able to find a reputable siding contractor in Dayton, Ohio for a proper assessment of your siding. But here are a few of the red flags that indicate siding repairs or a siding replacement:
- Small cracks and hail damage: Water will seep through these cracks and openings, and will lead to some serious structural damage and rotting.
- Small holes: An abundance of tiny holes over certain areas of your siding could be a sign of termites. Termites will continue to eat away at your siding and could let in any number of problems. Contact a professional exterminator when you’ve encountered this problem yourself.
- Age: It’s extremely beneficial to know the age of your siding. On average, homeowners replace their siding every 10-15 years.
- Fading and peeling: The rays of the sun cause the color of your siding to slowly fade away over the years. Dayton, Ohio siding contractors know this all too well, as the erratic weather in the region causes siding to fade a lot faster than normal.
- Mold: Your siding may look just fine, but there may be mold present in the interior of your home. Experienced siding companies in Dayton, Ohio will not only check the exterior but also check the interior of your home for mold.
Should I Repair or Replace My Siding?
When taking up any work on your siding, you don’t want to spend more than you need to. Some problems have the ability to be fixed with some simple patchwork and repairs. When caught early enough, signs of small cracks, small holes, hail damage, fading, and peeling will be repaired, while keeping siding costs relatively low.
On the other hand, signs of aging, mold, or any widespread damage would most likely require a new installation of vinyl siding. When you’re having to repair almost every square foot of your siding, it is cheaper to just go with a replacement instead.
When looking for Dayton siding repair or replacement, you’ll want to find a reputable siding or roofing company to handle it. Going with the cheapest option could end up costing you more, as installation errors account for 47% of all roof failures so choosing an experienced contractor is important!
Whether it’s roof, siding, or gutters in Dayton, Ohio, we at Van Martin will handle it. Over the years we’ve built a solid reputation as one of the most reliable roofing companies in Dayton, Ohio. We care about our surrounding communities, and we always go the extra mile for our customers. No matter what issues you’re experiencing, know that the experts at Van Martin will provide the perfect roofing solution for you.
Van Martin’s goal is to assist all home and business owners in making the best decisions with their roofing and related systems. We’re here to assist with everything from simple repairs to an entire roof replacement. We work on all residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
With our quality workmanship, attentive customer service, and superior craftsmanship, we’ll put all of your worries to ease. So call our experienced team members or schedule your estimate online today!