How Much Will a Roof Leak Cost to Repair?
As a home or business owner, it’s important to know how much will a roof leak cost to repair. However, the answer is not always so simple. There are several factors that play into the cost of a roof leak repair in Dayton, Ohio. These factors include but are not limited to the material being repaired, the problem causing the leak, and the location where the leak occurred.
Roof Leak Repair Cost by Material
Arguably the most important factor in leak repair is the material of the roof. Each type of roofing material has a different cost, some more and some less. As a result, each type of material has a different cost of service. Here are a few of the common materials that roofing companies in Dayton, Ohio use and their cost to repair a leak:
- Shingle Roof Leak Repair: On average, leak repairs on a shingle roofing system costs roughly $250-$1000. The most common reason a leaky roof will occur with shingles is improper installation. This includes improper nailing, splitting, cracking, and missing shingles.
- Flat Roof Leak Repair: Flat roofing systems are very typical for business owners. The ease of installation, maintenance, and cost-effectiveness of flat roofs make them very appealing for commercial roofing. A leaky flat roof will cost you about $300-$1250 depending on the problem and location as well.
- Metal Roof Leak Repair: Metal roofing systems are the most durable material in the industry. However, working with metal materials requires a great amount of expertise and training. As a result, not many roofing contractors in Dayton, Ohio have the ability to perform metal leak repairs. But for those that do, the cost is about $600-$2000.
While the material is important, it’s not the only factor that determines the cost. There’s also the issue of how the leak occurs, and how difficult it will be to repair it.
Roof Leak Repair Cost by Problem
There are a wide variety of reasons that a roof has a leak. High winds, heavy rains, and much more could damage your roofing and related systems. So we’ve listed a few of the most common reasons for roof leak repairs, and how much it costs for each problem.
- Clogged Gutters: Issues with your gutters and downspouts are luckily very easy to fix. Unclogging your gutter system will cost you roughly $150-$250.
- Improperly Nailed Shingles: Unfortunately, most roofing problems stem from improper installation. When you hire a subpar roofer near you, you’ll experience improperly nailed shingles. The cost to fix this is about $300-$1000. That’s why it’s highly recommended to go with a quality roofing company near you.
- Crack/Missing Flashing: Damaged/missing flashing is very common for Dayton roofs. Storm damage most commonly occurs near there, and fortunately, it’s an easy fix. It will cost about $300-$1000 on average.
- Chimney Damage: It takes an experienced contractor to repair any damage to your chimney. The damages have the ability to be shallow, and very extensive. As a result, the cost varies greatly. On average, the cost to repair chimney damage is about $500-$4500.
- Improper Skylight Installation: While skylights and sun tunnels have several advantages, such as energy efficiency and more natural lighting, it’s also important that they’re installed properly. When they’re not, you will easily experience a roof leak. The cost to fix this issue is about $500-$1000.
- Ice Dams: Ice dams occur when there’s insufficient roof ventilation. Fixing this issue will cost you roughly $600-$1800.
The cost of your roof leak repair also depends on where the leak occurs. This determines the difficulty and labor charge for the repairs.
Roof Leak Repair Cost by Location
When the leak occurs on a roof with a high pitch, repairs will be more difficult for your contractor. On the other hand, when the leak occurs on a more flat pitch, the labor cost will be less as a result. Furthermore, it also depends on where the leak occurred. When the leak originates above the garage, vents, dormer, flashing, or valley, there’s a different cost attached to each.
However, in some cases, repairs just won’t be enough to finish the job. So next time you need a roof replacement in Dayton, Ohio, call Van Martin.
Why Choose Van Martin?
Your roof is a serious investment, so you’ll want to know that you’ve got highly trained experts working on it. For your roof repairs in Dayton, Ohio, and more, leave it to Van Martin Roofing. We take a team-based approach to roofing, meaning that we’ll provide you with the best possible solution that addresses all of your concerns.
We service all types of roofing, including residential, commercial, and industrial systems. And when you need a roof replacement but can’t afford it, apply for our On The House program. This program gives one lucky homeowner a free roof replacement! We pick our winners twice a year, so apply for each campaign for a chance to get a free roof!
Van Martin’s mission statement is to assist all home and business owners in making the best decisions with their roofing and related systems. We guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our services, so give us a call or schedule your roof evaluation online today!