Having your roof inspected regularly is more important than you might think. If shingle roof repair is necessary, then you don’t want to ignore it – doing so can not only cause further and more expensive damage to your roof, it can lead to water leaks that can end up damaging the structure of your home as well as your home’s possessions. The following are some of the shingle issues that you will want roofers in Dayton to check for:
- Wind damage – High-powered winds can cause your sloped roof coverings to both shift and lift. This can lead to rain sliding underneath the roof covering more and onto the unprotected roof deck. Here the rain will be able to cause leaks and water damage to your home’s interior.
- Hail damage – Winter hail storms can cause the granules on your shingles to loosen and come off. The granules are an important part to protecting your home. Hail can sometimes also puncture the shingles themselves, making your home vulnerable to leaks. If you experience hail, you should be sure to contact roofers in Dayton immediately to check for damage.
- Improper fastening – Shingles are supposed to be nailed into a specific area in order to increase wind resistance as well as to make sure that both parts of the shingle are properly attached to your roof. If the shingles aren’t properly fastened, then they can delaminate and slide.
- Improper offsetting – Shingles are installed in a way in which they will shed water when it rains. If they are not properly offset, such as if they were to be installed on a flat roof, then rainwater could seep in between the shingles. Shingles are not waterproof and only protect your roof from seepage in the way they overlap one another.
- Broken or torn shingles – Your roof is one of the first lines of defense for your home. This means that it can take quite a beating, especially in high-powered storms. All types of debris can hit your roof, from tree branches to rocks, which can periodically cause damage to your shingles. Damaged shingles can cause the underlayment to show, which will cause more wear and tear to the roof if the shingles aren’t replaced or repaired.
Contact your local roofers in Dayton, Van Martin Roofing, to inspect your shingles for these potential issues on a regular basis!
[button size=”small,medium,large” color=”green” link=”https://www.vanmartinroofing.com/roof-repair/shingle-roof-repair/”]Shingle Roof Repair[/button]