If it is time to replace your Springboro home’s roof, you may want to consider upgrading to a metal roof. While this choice of material may be a bit more expensive than others types of materials, a metal roof may be the last one you will ever need to buy for your home. Therefore, your future roofing costs are greatly reduced. With our Roofing Decider, we can walk you through the entire process of installing and designing a metal roof for your home.
Before installing a metal roof, we will need to remove your existing roof including shingles, adhesives, underlayment, and existing vents. Any rotted sheathing or fascia boards will be removed and replaced with new lumber. Your existing roof deck will be refastened to increase its strength. A new rubber membrane is then installed along with new flashing, compression boots for plumbing pipes, vents, and attic fans.
Designing Your New Roof – the Metal
You are not just limited to a natural finish or one type of metal for your roof. Different colors and style finishes are available to match your preference and home along with different types of roofing systems, including:
- PBR Panel: Joined with exposed fasteners, these smooth or embossed panels are available in a variety of coatings
- Standing Seam: Interlocking raised-end panels that provide a clean and slick look while providing improved weather resistance
- Stone Coated Steel: Steel shingles coated with stone chips with an acrylic film, which give the appearance of traditional roof shingles
All come with a minimum of a 10-year warranty with extended warranties available on standing seam and stone coated steel roofs.
There are some other decisions to be made before installing your new roof. You have several options available to choose from with the following items These options include three different choices for:
- Deck fasteners
- Reusing or replacing existing skylights, if applicable
- Vents and fans
Insulation and Gutters
Additional options such as upgraded insulation and gutters are available to complete your job. You may choose to:
- Keep your existing gutters
- Install new gutters around the entire perimeter of your home
- Add leaf protection to your new gutters to make them maintenance-free
- Choose insulation with different R-values for your roof
There are several advantages to having a metal roof installed on your Springboro home. This roof will add value to your home, help reduce your heating and cooling costs, and provide your home with added protection from severe weather and wildfires. You may also be able to reduce your homeowner’s insurance costs.
At Van Martin Roofing you will find contractors who do quality work with quality materials. When you need a roof replacement contact the experts at Van Martin Roofing.
[button size=”small,medium,large” color=”green” link=”https://www.vanmartinroofing.com/replacement/metal-roof-replacement/” ]Metal Roof Replacement[/button]