7 Benefits of James Hardie Siding
When it comes to choosing siding, many homeowners opt for traditional options, such as wood or vinyl. However, both of these materials have a number of drawbacks, which is why you should strongly consider James Hardie siding. James Hardie siding offers a number of advantages to wood or vinyl. The following are just a few of the benefits of using James Hardie siding for your home:
- James Hardie siding is a noncombustible siding and has been approved for fire-rated construction. This makes it a much safer option than vinyl siding, which will melt or burn if it is exposed to either flames or a significant heat source.
- James Hardie siding is incredibly flexible when it comes to its color. It makes use of ColorPlus Technology finishes, which are baked on in order to provide up to 30 percent better fade resistance than other options. Colors are also computer matched, which means that you’ll be getting the highest level of consistency. When it comes to wood siding, the paint fades much faster. The same goes for vinyl siding. Vinyl siding also poses an issue when repairs are needed, since its colors are much more difficult to match.
- James Hardie siding was manufactured to resist all weather elements, from hail to winds up to 150 mph, elements that often damage vinyl siding. It’s also resistant to warping, cracking and rotting, three problems that wood siding can experience.
- James Hardie siding is incredibly durable due to the fact that it is five times thicker than vinyl siding. Not only does this mean that your siding will last much longer, it also means that your home will be better protected.
- James Hardie siding provides the same sort of curb appeal that wood siding does, and is much superior to vinyl siding. Vinyl siding attempts to look like wood, but its faux wood grain and overlapping seams often look unnatural, making it look more like plastic than anything else.
- By using James Hardie siding, you’ll also be able to take advantage of a 30-year transferable product warranty in addition to a 15-year finish warranty that will cover the paint as well as the labor.
- Homeowners that use James Hardie siding tend to pay up to 14 percent less (on average) on their homeowner’s insurance premiums than homeowners who use vinyl siding.
Take advantage of these many advantages by using James Hardie siding for your home.
©2014 James Hardie International Finance B.V. All rights reserved. TM, SM, and ® denote trademarks or registered trademarks of James Hardie International Finance B.V. is a registered trademark of James Hardie International Finance B.V.