Wind Damage Assessment of Your Ohio Roof
When Ohio homeowners experience severe storms—or even the outer edges of a massive storm system, roofing systems should be checked for wind damage.
—After a strong wind storm, it is essential to check for roof damage, such as damage to shingles and gutters. Neglecting to check for damages can lead to costly repairs due to water damage, mold, and rot.
The most advisable route is to hire a certified Dayton, Ohio roofing contractor, such as Van Martin Roofing to assess your home’s roof damage after the wind storm. Van Martin Roofing has vast experience identifying and repairing storm damage to roofs in Ohio.
However, many do-it-yourself homeowners may wish to assess the damage before calling a local roofing contractor. When inspecting roofs for wind damage, homeowners should look for the following conditions:
- Damaged, displaced, or missing shingles. Strong wind or flying debris can get under loose shingles and cause them to curl or become detached. Flying debris, such as large tree branches, can also cut or punctured shingles.
- Loose or exposed nails. If the wind is strong enough, it can dislodge or loosen nails, making your home vulnerable to leaks.
- Damaged gutters. Look for dented or displaced sections of gutters.
- Water leaks or stains in your home’s interior. Inspect ceilings, attics, and drywall for any signs of leaks or stains.
- Broken tree limbs. If nearby trees suffered damage, debris may have struck your roof, causing damage.
Above all, do not delay inspecting your roof. A damaged roof needs to be repaired immediately to prevent more widespread damage to your home. To schedule a roofing inspection with Van Martin Roofing, contact us at 937-222-7855 or online here.