How Much Does a Commercial Roof Replacement Cost?
How Much Does a Commercial Roof Replacement Cost?
Your commercial roof is a huge investment. After all, it protects the interior of your business and requires proper attention and care from an expert. Additionally, commercial roof replacements in Dayton, Ohio aren’t cheap. So when you’re investing in such a huge project, you’ll want to make sure you’re not getting scammed and/or overcharged. That’s why we’re here to answer the question: how much does a commercial roof replacement cost?
There are several components that factor into this question. This includes but is not limited to how the roof was initially installed, square footage, region, climate, and of course the type of commercial roofing material that’s being utilized.
Types of Commercial Roofing And Their Cost
When it comes to commercial roofing, there are several different types of materials that are commonly used. So we’ve listed the most popular types of commercial roofing materials and how much they cost per square foot:
- TPO: TPO is a type of flat roofing material. The average cost per square foot is typically between $3.50-$9.50 per square foot. The entire replacement, depending on the square footage, ranges from $10,000-$30,000.
- PVC: PVC is another type of flat roofing material. The average cost per square foot is typically between $6.00-$10.00 per square foot. The entire replacement, depending on the square footage, ranges from $15,000-$40,000.
- Mod-Bit (Modified Bitumen): Modified Bitumen roofing is another flat material. The average cost per square foot is typically between $4.00-$8.00 per square foot. The entire replacement, depending on the square footage, ranges from $12,000-$35,000.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing is durable, strong, and has curb appeal. With these benefits, comes a higher cost. The average cost per square foot is typically between $5.50-$11.50 per square foot. The entire replacement, depending on the square footage, ranges from $18,000-$50,000.
- Shingles: Although shingles are popular for residential roofing systems, there are some commercial properties that utilize them. The average cost per square foot is typically between $2.00-$6.00 per square foot. The entire replacement, depending on the square footage, ranges from $12,000-$30,000.
It’s important to remember that the cost also depends on who you approach. Some contractors may charge more or less for labor as well, and there are roofers near you that will offer cheaper replacements, but at the same time, they install subpar materials and install the roof improperly. Therefore it’s crucial to choose a roofing contractor in Dayton, Ohio that will provide you with a realistic price and superior craftsmanship.
Dangers of An Improper Commercial Roof Installation
While a cheaper price may sound nice initially, more often than not it’s not an accurate representation of the real scope of the work. Commercial roof replacements are costly, and when you need one it’s important to not cut corners. When a contractor offers a cheap estimate for a commercial replacement, the initial price will gradually increase due to their underestimation of the project.
Furthermore, when a contractor offers cheap work, you’ll most likely be met with shoddy service. In fact, 47% of all roofing problems stem from improper installation, so choosing a quality contractor is important!
Choosing The Right Contractor
It’s critical to choose a roofing company in Dayton, Ohio that will provide you with quality workmanship, superior craftsmanship, and attentive customer service. Here at Van Martin, we boost all of these qualities and more. We’ll provide you with a realistic cost of the project, and will walk you through every step of the process to make the entire thing easy for you. When you choose the experts at Van Martin, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that your roof is in good hands.
Why Choose Van Martin?
Here at Van Martin, we seek to assist all home and business owners in making the best decisions with their roofing and related systems. We don’t compromise on the quality of our work, and we guarantee that when you choose us, the job will get done right the first time. Van Martin cares about your commercial property as much as you do, and we’ll do everything to ensure that it’s protected.
For further protection, invest in Van Martin’s Vanguard Preventative Maintenance Program. By subscribing to this package, you’ll gain access to bi-annual inspections, comprehensive and detailed reports, and finally 24/7 emergency roof repairs. With the Vanguard Plan, you’ll be able to deal with roofing problems before they affect your wallet.
Van Martin services the entire Southwestern Ohio area, including but not limited to the Greater Dayton area, Miami Valley, and Northern Cincinnati. We service all types of roofing, gutters, skylights, and siding. So don’t hesitate, next time you require our services, give us a call or schedule your roof estimate online!