Expert Gutter Installation, Repair, and Replacement in Vandalia Ohio
Living in Vandalia, Ohio requires the performance of your gutters to be in top shape. Here at Van Martin, we offer repair and replacement for all types of gutter systems. Our team has years of experience matching the aesthetic of customers’ homes to their gutters. Your drainage system also gives water the proper route away from your home to avoid costly damages and problem areas. If you are wanting your gutters evaluated and trying to find a contractor nearby, look no further than Van Martin.
Over time there is no avoiding eventual repairs or even a full replacement of your drainage system. Whether it’s hail, debris causing clogs, falling debris, or any other problems, we have the expertise to get your system back in top shape. Below are various types of damages or problems to look out for that would indicate that your system is failing.
- Mold and Mildew – When your gutters become clogged, pooling water can ultimately cause the base of your roof to break down due to mildew.
- Basement Flooding – Pooling water at the foundation can also slowly seep into the base of your home causing basement flooding.
- Yard Erosion – When your water doesn’t have the proper avenue away from your property it can ultimately wash out your yard and damage the grass and flowerbeds.
- Discoloration – Overflowing gutters due to clogs causes water to run down the siding or brick of your home discoloring it.
- Insects – Stagnant water is the ultimate breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects, keeping your system clog-free is the best line of defense from these.
Types of Gutters
At Van Martin of Vandalia, Ohio, we carry all types of gutters in various materials and color options that can match any home. Our team can help you choose which option best fits your style and budget! The types of gutter materials that we specialize in are below:
- Aluminum – Aluminum gutters are one of the top options for their affordability and easy installation and maintenance. The downside to aluminum is how easy it can be dented when impacted by debris or when enough pressure is applied.
- Steel – One of the other main materials used for gutters, steel is extremely durable but also can tend to be pricey.
- Copper – Another extremely durable option is copper gutters. These systems provide great curb appeal but also can tend to be more expensive.
- Vinyl – Vinyl gutters are extremely lightweight and affordable. The downside to these systems is, like aluminum, they are more susceptible to damages. In extremely cold conditions they can crack.
- Wood – Wood gutters are available but we mainly install these on historic sites where costly repairs and maintenance aren’t an issue.
Maintaining your gutter system can be a simple task that requires; gloves, a bucket, a ladder, and a little bit of work. The hardest part is to simply remember to perform the work. We recommend that you check your system twice a year and remove any debris to prevent clogging. If you want to bypass this all together, you can hire a company such as Van Martin to service your system or have gutter guards installed.
Gutter guards are stainless steel mesh covers that are placed over the system to keep leaves and other large debris from clogging them up. By preventing debris in your system, you avoid the possibility of mold and mildew as well as possible rusting to steel systems. These are great tools to keep your gutters maintenance-free. If you’re interested, we can come to your home and give a free evaluation of what works best within your budget.