Gutter Repair, Replacement, and Installation in Englewood Ohio
Keeping your gutters in Englewood Ohio in top condition is crucial to the well-being of your home. By keeping the water flowing through your gutters and downspouts, you’ll be able to avoid all sorts of avoidable roof and gutter repairs. Van Martin carries quality gutter covers, gutter screens, and all types of systems.
If you’d like our team of experts to take a look at your system, give us a call or set up a free inspection through our website today!
Neglecting your system can lead to several issues with your home, roof, and yard. Here are just a few common issues amongst homeowners in Englewood, Ohio:
- Basement Flooding – Any still water will eventually leak into the lower floors of your home.
- Yard Erosion – Water from your system can erode parts of your yard over time.
- Mold & Mildew – In the proper conditions, stagnant water can lead to the development of mold/mildew. Mold/mildew can seriously damage the structure and integrity of your home.
- Discoloration – Clogging can cause overflowing throughout your system, and it runs down the side of your home and can discolor the exterior of your home.
- Insects – Mosquitoes, horseflies, and several other insects are very drawn to standing water. If your system is clogged, it could attract these unwanted insects.
Types of Gutters
Van Martin performs gutter installations for several types of different systems and materials. We carry materials as common as stainless steel, to rarer materials such as wood. Here are a few different systems we commonly recommend to homeowners:
- Aluminum – Well known for its easy installation, maintenance, and affordability, aluminum materials are very common in the United States. However, aluminum gutters can easily be dented by debris, winds, and other hazards.
- Vinyl – Vinyl gutters also are easy to install, maintain, and affordable. But they’re not ideal for colder climates, as the material tends to crack in the cold.
- Steel – Steel is also a very popular choice due to its extreme durability and style. The only drawback is that steel materials are usually more expensive than other systems.
- Copper – Copper gutters are very similar to steel materials. In this regard, they are also more expensive.
- Wood – Van Martin does carry wood systems for sale, but they are mostly used for older, historic buildings. In cases like this, matching the aesthetic is more important than costs and maintenance.
To prevent clogging and other damages, your system should be regularly checked and cleaned twice a year, once in the fall, and once in the spring. If you’d prefer to forego this process, then perhaps you should consider installing gutter guards.
There are so many advantages to gutter guards. They reduce necessary maintenance and gutter cleaning, prevent small debris from entering the system, and extend the lifespan of your system as a whole. Contact Van Martin to have this product installed on your system today!