Troy, Ohio Gutter Services
It’s very important to keep your gutters in good condition if you live in Troy, Ohio. By keeping the water flowing, your gutters prevent any sort of damages to your roof or siding. If your system needs to be touched up at all, Van Martin offers gutter repairs in Troy, Ohio. And it doesn’t stop there, we also do gutter cleaning, maintenance, and the installation of gutter guards.
If neglected, small debris in your system could lead to a blockage. If water isn’t draining, it could mean any number of issues. We’ve listed just a few of the top damages below:
- Basement Flooding – When your system becomes clogged, pooling water can then cause the base of your roof to break down due to mold/mildew. Also, stagnant water at the foundation can cause discoloration and cracks.
- Yard Erosion – When your water doesn’t have the proper path away from your home it can ultimately wash out your yard and do damage to the surrounding area.
- Mold & Mildew – Pooling water at the base of your home can also slowly seep into the lower levels, causing basement flooding.
- Discoloration – An overflowing system due to clogs causes water to run down the siding or brick of your home discoloring it.
- Insects – Still water is no doubt the ultimate breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects, keeping your system clog-free is the best way to prevent this issue.
Types of Gutters
Van Martin has several different types of gutters available for all of our customers. We have different materials, colors, and different styles of gutters. A few of our most common systems are listed below:
- Aluminum – Aluminum materials are one of the most popular options for their affordability and easy installation and maintenance. The downside to aluminum is how easily it can be damaged when impacted by debris or when enough pressure is applied.
- Vinyl – Vinyl gutters are extremely lightweight and affordable. Like aluminum, the downside to these systems is that they are more susceptible to damages. Also, in extremely cold conditions they can crack.
- Steel – One of the other main materials used, steel is extremely durable but also can tend to be more on the pricey side.
- Copper – Another extremely durable option is copper gutters. These systems have great curb appeal but also can tend to be more expensive when compared to their counterparts.
- Wood – Wood gutters are available but Van Martin mainly installs these on historic sites where matching the building is more important than costly repairs and maintenance.
Remember to check your system at least twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. Simply check for any small or large debris that may be interrupting water flow. If you’re unable to clean them or you’d prefer to hire someone, Van Martin offers gutter cleaning as one of our services. Additionally, you can bypass maintenance altogether by installing gutter guards.
Van Martin of Troy, Ohio carries several types of gutter guards, ranging from micro-mesh gutter guards to aluminum gutter screens. Also commonly known as gutter covers, they’re placed over the troughs of your system to block all debris while still letting water pass. By installing them, you won’t have to worry about the condition of your system for a long time.