Kettering, Ohio Gutter Installation, Repair, and Replacement
Van Martin understands that gutters are essential in Kettering Ohio. We experience a substantial amount of rain in the southwestern Ohio area throughout the year. With that in mind, you’ll want to ensure that the best gutters are installed onto your home. A quality gutter system is able to block all small debris and let water flow freely from the gutters to the downspouts. If you’re unsure if your system is doing its job, then set up a free comprehensive gutter report with our team at Van Martin.
Leaving small and large debris in your system could possibly lead to a litany of other problems. Here are just a few that many homeowners are familiar with:
- Basement Flooding – Standing water at the foundation will eventually seep into your basement and cause several issues with your home.
- Yard Erosion – Over the course of several years, when water drains down to your yard it causes the grass and dirt to wither away.
- Mold & Mildew – Standing water that sits in your gutters, the base of your roof, or the foundation can cause leaks and water damage.
- Discoloration – Clogging can cause overflowing throughout your system, and has it runs down the side of your home and can discolor the exterior of your home.
- Insects – Standing water is the ideal breeding ground for mosquitos, horseflies, and several other insects.
Types of Gutters
Van Martin carries several different types of gutters, ranging from steel to copper gutters. With each having its own set of strengths and weaknesses, contact our team to see which system best fits your needs.
- Aluminum – Well known for its easy installation, maintenance, and affordability, this system is very commonplace throughout the whole country. Although it should be noted that aluminum materials can easily be dented by debris, winds, and other hazards.
- Vinyl – Vinyl also has easy installation, maintenance, and affordability. It’s not ideal for colder climates, as it tends to crack in the cold.
- Steel – Steel is also very popular because it’s extremely long-lasting and stylish, but is usually more expensive than other systems.
- Copper – Copper systems are very reminiscent of steel materials, also being very stylish and durable. But just like steel, it also tends to be expensive.
- Wood –We have wood systems for sale, but they are mostly used for older, historic buildings. In cases like this, matching the aesthetic is more important than costs and maintenance.
Your drainage system should be routinely checked and cleaned at least two times a year. At Van Martin, we recommend this to be done in the spring and in the fall. However, you can reduce any repairs and maintenance altogether by installing gutter guards.
Gutter guards are mesh screens that cover the tops of your system and block all sorts of debris from entering. As a result, you won’t have to worry about your system clogging up, and very little maintenance will now be required. Also, less debris means you can prevent rusting if you have steel gutter materials installed.