Gutter Repair, Replacement, and Installation in Beavercreek Ohio
Gutters are essential to your Beavercreek, Ohio home. The drainage system on your home gives water the proper avenue to drain away from your home and avoid costly repairs. Van Martin offers repair, replacement, and new installation services for all types of gutter systems. We service residential, commercial, and industrial drainage systems.
Over time Mother Nature can really take a toll on your drainage system, whether that’s with debris, extreme weather conditions, or the inevitable time.
- Basement Flooding – When water doesn’t get the chance to drain away from your home it eventually all flows down to the foundation and seeps into your basement.
- Yard Erosion – Maybe your drainage system isn’t taking the water far enough away from your property. In this case, the water can wash out your grass and leave ugly dead spots.
- Mold & Mildew – Sitting water due to overflowing gutters or slow draining can cause mold and mildew to damage the underlayment and underneath of the exterior of your home.
- Discoloration – Water running down the exterior or pooling at the foundation can cause siding and brick to become discolored.
- Insects – Stagnant water is the ultimate breeding ground for mosquitos and other insects.
Types of Gutters
Van Martin of Beavercreek, Ohio carries a wide variety of materials used for gutter systems. Each type has pros and cons, which leads you to choose what is most important to your budget and durability needs.
- Aluminum – One of the most popular materials used and for good reason. These systems are lightweight and easy to install but also can be easily dented by falling debris.
- Vinyl – Another lightweight and easy to install option, but during extremely cold conditions it can crack due to freezing.
- Steel – This is the other popular option due to its extreme durability but these systems tend to be pricey.
- Copper – These are another pricey option but they offer great durability and appeal
- Wood – We rarely install these systems due to their high maintenance and repair costs. Typically wood is used on historic sites.
Proper maintenance of your gutter system is a simple task. The hard part is remembering to perform it twice a year. On hand what you’ll need is a ladder, bucket, gloves, and a little bit of time. Keeping your system free of debris and leaves is important to avoid clogs and overflowing. If you want to take the hassle of maintenance off of your hands you can contact us at Van Martin of Beavercreek to ensure your gutters stay problem-free.
Another way to keep your system clog-free is through gutter guards. Gutter guards are a stainless steel mesh cover that sits on top of the trough, keeping leaves and other large debris from clogging your system. These systems take the work off of your hands and provide ease of mind.