Expert Gutter Installation, Repair, and Replacement in Miamisburg Ohio
A solid gutter system is imperative to your Miamisburg, Ohio home. Water needs a proper avenue to drain away from your home if you want to avoid costly repairs. Luckily for you, Van Martin offers repair, replacement, and new installation services for all different types of gutter systems. We offer our services to all residential, commercial, and industrial drainage systems. Protect yourself and your property with a free comprehensive report to ensure you’re covered.
Sooner or later, your system will incur damages. Whether that’s due to clogged gutters, ice dams, or insufficient water flow, here are some potential damages that might occur.
- Basement Flooding – Water flows down to the foundation and seeps into your basement if it doesn’t properly drain far away from your home.
- Yard Erosion – Water can kill your grass and leave an eyesore of a dead spot.
- Mold & Mildew – Mold and mildew originate from standing water, which then does damage to the underlayment and exterior of your home.
- Discoloration – Siding and brick can become discolored if water from your gutters leaks down.
- Insects – The ultimate breeding ground for mosquitos and other insects is static water.
Types of Gutters
A wide variety of materials are used for gutter systems at Van Martin. There are different strengths and weaknesses to each material.
- Aluminum – A very commonplace material, aluminum systems are lightweight and easy to install. However, they can also be easily dented by falling debris.
- Vinyl – Lightweight and easy to install, vinyl materials are a great choice for many homeowners. But it should be noted that this system usually cracks in extremely cold conditions.
- Steel – Another popular option due to its extreme durability, the only downside is that these systems tend to be pricey.
- Copper – Another pricey option here, but they offer great durability and appeal.
- Wood – Van Martin rarely installs these systems due to their high maintenance and repair costs. Typically wood is used on older/historic sites.
Performing regular maintenance on your gutter system is fairly simple. Just remember you need to clean your gutters at least twice a year. Once you’ve got the time, you’ll need a ladder, bucket, and gloves. Keeping your system free of small debris and leaves is important to avoid clogs and overflowing. However, if you want to hire a roofer near you to take care of any gutter cleaning, contact us at Van Martin of Miamisburg to ensure your gutters stay problem-free.
A surefire way to keep your system clog-free is through gutter guards. Gutter guards are a stainless steel mesh cover that sits on top of the troughs, keeping leaves and other large debris from causing clogs in your system. These systems not only take the work off of your hands, but they also provide ease of mind.