Expert Gutter Repair, Replacement, and Installation in Mason Ohio
Gutters play an important role in keeping your Mason, Ohio home safe from rain-related damages. Here at Van Martin, we’ve been in the roofing and exterior industry for over a decade. Our team is highly dedicated to your satisfaction and trust and we are willing to do whatever it takes to give you the utmost efficiency for your drainage system. We offer ShurFlo gutter guards to make life much easier. Van Martin also specializes in roofing, siding, and skylight services. Set up your free comprehensive roof or exterior report with one of our experts today!
Below we’ve listed an array of problems that can arise when you let your system go unattended for an extended amount of time. Proper maintenance is a great way to avoid costly damages.
- Basement Flooding – When water doesn’t receive the proper avenue away from your foundation, it can ultimately slowly seep into the basement.
- Yard Erosion – Another problem that goes hand in hand with basement flooding is yard erosion. Water can pool in your yard or flow through places it is not meant to flow and erode away the grass and soil.
- Mold & Mildew – Moisture at the base of your roofing is a major problem in the effect that it can cause mold and mildew to find their way into the crevices of your home.
- Discoloration – Overflowing water due to clogged gutters running down the siding or brick causes discoloration to your home’s exterior.
- Insects – Stagnant water in your drainage system is the ultimate breeding ground for mosquitos and other pesky insects.
Types of Gutters
There are many different types of materials when it comes to gutters. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, which we’ve listed our most common below.
- Aluminum – Easily our most popular for its lightweight design and ease of installation. Although, when enough pressure is applied, it may become dented.
- Vinyl – These systems also are lightweight and easy to install. Although they can crack in extremely cold conditions.
- Steel – Like aluminum gutters, steel is an extremely popular option that is durable and stylish. Although, steel systems are less affordable.
- Copper – Copper gutters are typically used for higher-end homes for their aesthetic and durability. With that comes a higher price though.
- Wood – When it comes to wooden gutter systems, we typically only install these on historic buildings where the maintenance cost isn’t an issue rather hold the historic value.
The best way to keep your drainage system in peak condition and gain maximum efficiency is to regularly maintain your gutter twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. All you will need is a ladder, bucket, and a pair of gloves. Although, if you don’t want to deal with the hassle, you can contact our team at Van Martin to take the work off your hands!
Gutter guards are the key to keeping your drainage system free of leaves and other large debris. Here at Van Martin, we install these systems to keep your maintenance easy and your home free of costly problems.