Never Clean Your Gutters Again!
Your gutters and downspouts exist to carry water, heavy rain, or snowmelt away from your home and into safe areas. These safe areas include rain barrels or storm drains. Although, as the seasons turn, roof gutters easily become clogged with leaves, twigs, and other debris. Cleaning them out involves time and hassle, and can even be potentially hazardous.
For example, if ladders are placed on unsteady ground, or if damage to the gutter results in sharp, torn metal in places that are difficult to see, gutter cleaning is dangerous. When a gutter system is clogged, it will overflow and divert rain back toward your home’s foundation, causing extensive water damage. Furthermore, it could provide stagnant pools for mosquitos and other pests to occupy. However, gutter guards will help eliminate all those problems at once.
How Gutter Guards Work
Gutter guards are made of a metal sheet with rainwater holes, installed over the trough of your existing gutters. At the same time, they still allow water to pass through and let debris slide off the roof. If some leaves stick to the metal, the air passing through the gutter below will help to dry it out faster. Then, these leaves will dry out and easily blow away in the wind.
By having gutter guards attached to your home or business, you won’t have to concern yourself with small debris clogging up your gutters. Additionally, the process of cleaning your system out will become few and far between. The costs to install gutter guards are very low compared to the multiple benefits you’ll be receiving.
While gutter guard costs are relatively cheap, don’t leave this job to any roofing contractor near you. Van Martin will perform a gutter guard installation at a fair cost without compromising on quality. When you need a roofing company that also specializes in gutters and gutter guards, Van Martin is available for you and your home.
Benefits of Gutter Guards
All types of gutter guards have several benefits with them. Van Martin’s Shur Flo gutter guards offer a number of benefits to the homeowner:
- No more gutter cleaning means reduced maintenance costs from limb damage to gutters. Furthermore, no more clogged gutters at all.
- Installed snugly in the top portion of the gutter, the guards go unnoticed at ground level. Additionally, they won’t change the aesthetics of your home. Because they don’t lift or penetrate your roof shingles, they also won’t have any effect on your roof’s warranty.
- Because water will pass through the gutters instead of being caught by obstructions, there’s no danger of damage from ice or rust. Gutter guards will extend the life of your gutter systems by years.
- By diverting water into a rain barrel for your garden or any other reason, the guards act as a pre-filter. Thereby helping you keep collected water clean.
- Because there are no obstructions inside your gutter to slow water flow, your gutters will be able to handle much larger volumes of water – heavier rainfall – without a hitch.
Installing gutter guards is a smart choice that pays for itself as it saves you from the hassle of maintenance. Van Martin Roofing installs American-made gutter guards from Shur Flo Gutter Protection Systems. We at Van Martin have very high expectations for the products we install, and the gutters and gutter guards produced by Shur Flo meet these expectations.