How Much Does a Roof Inspection Cost?
Regular roof inspections are critical when you want to prevent long-term issues. By having a professional roofing contractor in Dayton, Ohio perform an inspection once in the fall, then in the spring, they’ll identify any potential and existing hazards. From there, they’ll provide you with a repair/replacement plan to get your roof back to 100%. However, some roofers near you will charge differently depending on the type of inspection performed. So it’s important to know the answer to how much does a roof inspection cost?
What’s Included In a Roof Inspection
Roof inspections are used for many different purposes, such as when selling a home, for insurance reasons, or refinancing. The difference between a roof inspection and a roof estimate is that an estimate is purposed for providing you with a cost to a potential project/repair plan. On the other hand, a roof inspection is meant to simply identify any existing or potential hazards.
It’s important to know what is exactly included in a roof inspection. When performing an inspection, any qualified roofing company in Dayton, Ohio perform the following:
- A general review of the roof’s appearance and ensure there’s uniformity
- Identify any damaged, loose, or missing shingles
- Inspect the ceiling of your home for any water stains or other damages
- Search for any damaged or missing parts to the roofing system
- Inspection of the gutters, downspouts, chimneys, vents, and fascia
- Inspection of dips and valleys on the roof where water can pool or areas where ice dams form
All of the following should be included in a general inspection. However, there are several different types of inspections depending on the type of roof. Commercial roofs and residential roofs are inspected very differently, and experienced contractors know what to look for on each.
Types of Roof Inspections And Their Cost
Depending on the type of roof you have, an experienced contractor will provide you with a different type of inspection. Here are a few different types of roof inspections and their associated costs:
- Physical Roof Inspection: This is the most common type of inspection. They’ll climb on top of your roof with a ladder and inspect the entire roof area. This will usually cost roughly around $75-$250.
- Drone Roof Inspection: This is commonly used for large, industrial, and commercial roofing systems. No matter the square footage, they’ll use a drone to examine the entire system and check for any discrepancies. These will usually run you $400.
- Infrared Roof Inspection: An infrared inspection is the most in-depth examination of your roof. An infrared camera on a drone will inspect your property, identifying any storm damage, water stains, leaks, and more. However, this is the most expensive inspection, and you’ll expect to pay roughly $400-$600.
Your local contractor will recommend the best type of inspection for your needs. When you’re curious about which type of inspection is best for you, contact Van Martin Roofing for assistance. Furthermore, we offer free roof inspections, so don’t hesitate and call us today!
What to Ask Your Roof Inspector
However, there are a few important questions to ask your inspector before they perform your roof evaluation. To ensure that they’re qualified and you’re not getting taken advantage of, you’ll want to verify the following things:
- They have the proper certifications and insurance
- What is specifically included in their estimate
- They have the proper certification to fly a drone
By asking these questions, you’ll be able to know the legitimacy of your local roofing contractor. When you want all of these qualities and more, contact the experts at Van Martin Roofing.
Why Choose Van Martin?
When you need a roof inspection in Dayton, Ohio, Van Martin has your back. We’ll perform an adequate inspection of your roof, and determine what the best course of action is. Whether roof repairs or an entire roof replacement, we’ll work with you every step of the way to ensure the job gets done right the first time.
Van Martin is a roofing company that cares about the surrounding communities where we provide service. To follow through on this statement, we’re rolling out our On The House program! This program gives one homeowner a free roof replacement twice a year. So sign up bi-annually to get a chance for a free roof replacement!
We perform service on all roofing, gutters, skylights, and siding systems. Whether you have a residential, commercial, or industrial roofing system, Van Martin has the quality workmanship and superior craftsmanship to get the job done. Call our team members today for a free roof evaluation or schedule your appointment online today!