How Much Does a New Roof Cost?
Buying a whole new roof is a huge investment, so you’ll want to make sure you’re not being under-charged or over-charged. There are many things to consider when it comes to how much a new roof cost. You’ll want to consider whether your roof is commercial or residential, the type of roofing material you want to be installed, and how skilled your local roofing contractor is.
In the earlier days of the roofing industry, a trusted roofing contractor near you would have to fully inspect your property to provide an estimate. However, now we have the technology to provide you with a rough estimate right now!
Get an Instant Quote Right Now!
With Van Martin’s Instant Estimate tool, you’ll be able to get a feel for how much your new roof will cost. Simply enter your address into the tool, the type of roof you want to be replaced, and the type of shingle you want to be installed. From there, you’ll be provided with an instant quote on how much your roof replacement will cost!
Residential vs. Commercial Roofing
On average, residential roofing projects cost less than commercial ones. This is due to the sheet size and materials that are frequently used on commercial properties. Residential properties usually have less square footage, and usually utilize shingles. Shingles are less expensive when compared to frequent commercial roofing materials, such as metal paneling.
Furthermore, commercial buildings often are much larger and have an immense roof size when compared to residential buildings. Roof replacements usually rely on cost per square foot. So naturally the bigger the building, the more the replacement will cost.
Types of Roofing Materials and Their Cost
Roofs are made from several different types of materials. As such, we’ve outlined the most popular types of roofing materials and their price per square foot.
- TPO: It costs roughly between $3.50-$9.50 per square foot on average for TPO flat roofing. The entire replacement will cost anywhere from $10,000-$30,000 depending on size.
- PVC: A flat roof made from PVC materials will cost anywhere from $6.00-$10.00 per square foot. Depending on the square footage of the project, a flat roof replacement will cost roughly between $15,000-$40,000.
- Mod-Bit (Modified Bitumen): Another flat roofing material is modified bitumen (mod-bit), which costs about $4.00-$8.00 per square foot, with the entire installation costing between $12,000 and $35,000.
- Metal Roofing: Due to its durability, strength, and curb appeal, metal roofing typically costs between $5.50 and $11.50 per square foot. And depending on the square footage, the entire replacement is roughly between $18,000 and $50,000.
- Shingles: While shingles are popular for residential buildings, some commercial building owners elect to use shingles. Their average cost per square foot ranges from $2.00-$6.00, depending on the square footage of the roof. As for the entire replacement, that will cost between $12,000-$30,000.
It’s important to realize that the type of roofing material being used is not the final estimate of your replacement. It also depends on the contractor performing the roof replacement, and their skill, knowledge, and expertise.
Choosing The Right Contractor
While receiving a low estimate sounds like good news at first, more often than not it’s simply not accurate. Many inexperienced roofers near you will underestimate the scope of work required for an entire replacement. As a result, over time your initial estimate will slowly increase. So give us a call at Van Martin, and we’ll provide you with a free roof estimate that won’t change over time.
Why Choose Van Martin?
Every job we tackle, whether small roof repairs or an entire replacement, we handle it with the utmost care, caution, and importance. When you need a roofing contractor in the Dayton, Ohio area that not only provides superior roofing services but also cares about its community, look to the team at Van Martin Roofing. To show our gratitude towards the Miami Valley and surrounding areas, we’re giving away a free roof replacement twice a year with our On The House program, so apply today!
By choosing the team at Van Martin, you’re getting a roofing company in Dayton, Ohio that will help you make the best decisions with your roofing and related systems. We guarantee superior craftsmanship and quality workmanship on all of our work. Furthermore, we work on all types of roofing, siding, gutters, and Velux skylight, so schedule your free estimate online or give us a call!