Flat Roof Repair
A flat roof repair may seem simple, but it is actually a complex system of seams, materials, and angles. All of these aspects need to work together and function properly to keep your property dry. Therefore, identifying the source of the problem and performing flat roof repair requires a thorough understanding of its installation and how it’s intended to function. By choosing an inexperienced roofer near you, they could actually damage the roof further in the long run. Van Martin’s team is thoroughly trained and experienced to perform repairs on any type of roof. This includes roofing systems such as metal, shingle, TPO, PVC, EPDM, mod-bit, and much more. Finding the source of the problem is no issue for us. Whether it’s water damage or something more serious, our estimators will determine whether you’re in need of simple patchwork, or if you require more extensive repairs.
Flat Roofs Require Experience
A flat roof’s average lifespan is anywhere from 15 to 30 years. However, they need to be replaced a lot quicker if they’re not properly maintained. Here at Van Martin, we’re experts in the industry, and we know exactly how to repair and maintain your flat roof.
Our team is insured, and certified to handle any roofing project, no matter how big or small. Our team works with all types of flat roofing systems. We’re able to patch, repair, and replace any affected areas as needed. We always go the extra mile to ensure that your flat roofing system is ready to tackle anything Mother Nature throws at it. Our team of experts will locate any damages and take the necessary steps to get your roof back to 100%.
Van Martin: An Experienced Flat Roof Repair Specialist
Over time, hail, ponding water, UV rays, and debris take their toll on a flat roof. Weather and time cause the membranes to crack, tear, and pull seams away from the edges. These damages can prevent your roof from working properly and will eventually result in troublesome roof leaks. When this happens, it’s time to call a flat roof repair specialist.
For a flat roof repair specialist, attention to detail and a commitment to getting the job done right are critical. If the problem is not fixed right the first time, you can expect it to quickly return. Therefore, it’s important to hire a reputable contractor near you. Always keep in mind that whenever you’re in need of flat roof repairs in Southwestern Ohio, you’ll be able to rely on Van Martin’s quality workmanship and responsive customer service. We repair all types of flat roofing systems including EPDM, TPO, PVC, Mod-Bit, and more.
Elements of Inspection
For a leak evaluation of your roof, a professional will identify where the leak is coming from. For this to happen, there are several questions that they will need to answer.
- Is the membrane delaminating?
- Layers of the roofing membrane will break apart over time. This can be due to improper installation or impervious weather conditions.
- Are there cracks or tears on the surface?
- Cracks on the roofing surface are due to low-quality roofing materials and/or inferior shingles.
- Is the offset correct?
- Improper roof installation will result in a gap between roofing materials.
- Is water running off or evaporating properly?
- When water doesn’t flow off the roof properly, it’s usually due to an improper roofing pitch. Furthermore, when water is not evaporating properly, this means there’s a ventilation issue on your roof.
- Are the fasteners properly installed and working?
- Roofing fasteners keep the roofing materials attached to your roof. It’s important that they’re installed properly, as improper installation will result in loose/missing roofing materials.
- Is the flashing properly installed and working correctly, or is it rusting?
- Flashing prevents leaks on the most vulnerable areas of your roof, such as around the chimney.
Once the problem—or problems—are identified, it’s important to maintain the integrity of the structure while performing repairs. When you hire Van Martin, we guarantee that our professionals have the experience and expertise to repair your flat roofing system without compromising the structure of your roof.